Monday, April 20, 2009

Too Much by Dorothy Stott

This book is literally a little book for little kids. It is a tiny tiny square book about Little Duck. Little Duck can't find anywhere he can swim, so he tries to swim in the sink, the fishbowl, a paintcan, and my favorite, in a pickle jar. It is so so cute for young kids.

I read it to my roommate, who is kind of like a little kid. The following is what happened after the book was over.

Kyle: You have to blog about that?
Me: Yeah.
Kyle: What are you going to say?
Me: Maybe that I like pickles and that if I were a duck I would try to live in a pickle jar.
Kyle: No.

So, of course that's what I'm going to blog about. If I were Little Duck and I dove into a jar of pickles, I don't think I would ever leave. Yum, pickles are so delicious. And think about it. You would never have to leave to find food. (At least until you eat all of the pickles in the jar.) Your meals are right there for you. And a delicious drink. What a great home. Well, it'd be great if they were dill pickles, anyway. Sweet pickles, no thank you.

Oh my gosh, the picture of Little Duck's reaction to the sour pickles is the sweetest thing I've ever seen, too. This is a really fun book to read with young kids - maybe preschool to kindergarten age. Or I guess college kids. Ha, Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment