Friday, April 10, 2009

Daley B. by Jon Blake


Aw! This book was so cute. Ha, I loved it. It's about a rabbit, Daley B, who is very confused. He does not know what kind of animal he is, or especially why he has such big feet. He finally decides that he is a squirrel, and he sits in the trees eating acorns with them. Honestly, it reminds me of a couple very confused people I know. But we won't get into that.

It's hard to read too deeply into this one. It is definitely a book that is intended for kids to have fun reading. They can get inside Daley B's crazy, confused imagination as he wonders what kind of animal he is. The illustrations are simple and colorful, as is the rest of the book. Ya know what it reminded me of? Tacky the Penguin! No wonder I liked the book. And there's a text-to-text connection for ya - take that, Block A. :)

I would love to have this book in my classroom library. I think it is something that kids would read over and over again because it is so simple and fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily - came on this quite by chance. Needless to say I totally agree with your judgement! DB's sold over 100,000 now, but as it's just gone out of print in the UK, reviews like yours might help persuade the publishers to change their mind.
    Axel Sheffler is now of course hugely famous, but this was his first hit.
    I've given you a plug at http://jonblake.co.uk. Good luck with the blog - I love the informal style and enthusiastic tone.

    ReplyDelete